24 June 2010

Our home study is officially done!  We've turned everything in but a copy of my life insurance that we're still waiting for.  Our social worker is writing our official document and our official wait has begun!

This phase of our adoption has taken so long.  I noticed last week that our little hunneybaby ticker was sitting on the 9 month mark!  I suppose officially we began our adoption journey 9 months, 1 week and 3 days ago.  At first, I was chaffing under the way it was so drawn out.  But, now looking back - I'm very thankful it took so long.  God worked in my heart so much over the last 9 months!

Perhaps I should have shared more of that on this blog for you all to read.  But, it seemed so personal and frankly, ugly at times - it was too hard to share.  It made me too vunerable.  You all would have cringed and run in the opposite direction!  Okay - I know that isn't really true.  But, I hate the ugly parts of me - those dark nasty corners of selfishness and fear and self-righteousness and perfectionism...  sigh.

Moving on...  getting ready for this home visit was quite the stress-inducing freak-out time for me!  I think I was going more crazy for this than anything else in my entire life.  We had lots of help getting ready - Cory's parents and my parents and my sister and her family!  Plus, all the people that volunteered to help, but I was too stressed to figure out how to delegate.  (Thank you to everyone who offered!!!)

Monday night, Cory and I laid in bed talking.  I think we've both begun to realize that we could be parents in as little as 7 weeks!  (or as much as 3 years or more...)  After having my sweet little niece here, Cory also started to realize how much stuff you need to take care of a baby - and how we don't really what we need...  so, he said I could go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment